This feels weird. But I am just going to rattle off all of the things that I have been loving this week (and let’s face it, because this is the first time that I’m writing, loads of previous weeks).
Currently I am on my first week of surgical placement EVER and basically decided that this is the path for me. MAMA I’M GONNA BE A SURGEON! Who would have thought that a mastectomy could bring on such a revelation?!
I don’t enjoy writing prose (maybe I would if there was someone actually listening) so after those two sentences-disguised-as-paragraphs let’s start summarising all of the great things that I have been consuming this week.
- Frannerd’s blog and patreon and youtube. Oh gosh I just love her life and her aesthetic and her voice and her illustrations. Might be part of the reason why I wanted to do this.
- Hayley sent me a link to a website where you can see “what animal you even lift“. Currently benching a baby zebra with authority. Need to up my squatting game from cheetah to grey wolf ASAP but I just hate them so much I think I may cry (squats not wolves).
- It’s difficult to think of this as a “favourite” but an ode to a premature baby boy who was taken from this year too early was heartbreaking and raw.
- Teenagers that are cooler than I could ever hope to be.
- While I aspire to be a budding surgeon the NHS is crumbling around us but good people are taking the hit.
- Ahhh there was always going to be something in here about food or fitness or body image or social media (and in particular the evilness of instagram), but I think that this piece captured my thoughts fairlyyyyyy alright.
- This song.